Monday, June 06, 2011

Auditions Suck

It's been 12 years since I have auditioned for anything.  Yup, I still hate it.  But what is a theatre fan to do?  I miss being involved in a show.  The energy, the music, even the dancing, I'll admit, is a lot of fun.  I love theatre people, & I've been away from them for far too long.

I'm not wanting a lead role - 12 years out of practice, remember?  But the fact that I know I'm capable of it makes it harder to just relax about an audition, any audition.  But you have to go for it.

I started panicking about a week before, trying to make sure everything would be perfect. 
Anyone who's ever auditioned for anything knows that the more you panic, the worse you do.   Nerves, awkward gestures, darting eyes...that was me, yesterday.

Yet I still feel like I did well, especially for my first audition in so long, in front of a room full of people I didn't know.  I am not the confident, cocky, & oblivious-that-anyone-might-be-more-talented-than-me 20 year old anymore.  I came home with a migraine, & puked for the rest of the day.

Now I have to figure out how to get rid of those nerves before the callback next week.


No comments: