Saturday, June 02, 2012

The Confectionery - 2

These are the things that I think are great.  So great that I want to sing about them.



THE MOTHER OF DISNEY DRAGONS

I first saw this Game of Thrones/Disney mashup on Popped Culture, a site I can't believe had gone unnoticed by me for so long.  The only thing that would make this better would be the addition of Mushu, from Mulan.  I might be the only person with lots of love for Mulan.  First of all, Lea Salonga.  Second of all, Donny Osmond as a Chinese warrior.  I mean, come on.  Anyway, Mushu is Eddie Murphy's Shrek Donkey, but in Chinese dragon form, & also, MUSHU CAME FIRST.

In the morning, I'm making crullers!





LIP DUB PROPOSAL
This is the kind of thing New Directions would have done for Mr. Schuester's proposal to Ms. Pillsbury, except they had already performed this song at the Hummel/Hudson wedding (which doesn't make any sense, because if we're at our wedding...of course I want to marry you), so instead, they sang Rihanna's We Found Love in a Hopeless Place.  I don't think Glee plans out its seasons very well.


At first, I thought it was a Honda CRV commercial.  Why else would the opening blurb so explicitly state the model of vehicle used?  It didn't matter, because I was sobbing 1 minute into it anyway.  Turns out it's all real, & everyone involved is either a friend/family member.  Very sweet, very fun, very jazz hands.  Love it.





CANDY NECKLACES - NOW WITH MORE BACON

I love bacon.  I am also a girl who wore a candy necklace to both her prom & graduation.  I found this at a site that's a great time-sucker: Archie McPhee.  They do not ship to Canada, so if any Americans would care to purchase 100 of these & send them to me, I'll be forever grateful.





HARRY POTTER/GAME OF THRONES SHIRT
This blog could easily turn into a gift-giving guide for the nerd girl in your life, & speaking of things to buy for me, this shirt is at the top of my WANT list.  As in MUST HAVE.    Buy it here.  Dark grey, medium girly fit.  Thnx.






GARFUNKEL & OATES
These girls are funny, & in this song, they play the same woman, 3 years apart: at 29, & at 31.  That's really all you need to know.




Those were my favourite internet sweets of the past week.  Come back next week for more goodies!


No comments: