Monday, September 24, 2012

The Confectionery - 18

These are the things that I think are great.




BEN FOLDS FIVE + THE FRAGGLES + NERDIST
Ten minutes after I published my track-by-track review of the new Ben Folds Five album, The Sound of The Life of The Mind, the video for "Do It Anyway" was released & I had to immediately update the post to include it.  Put together by Chris Hardwick (of Nerdist fame & Lisa crushing), it is one of the happiest things I've ever seen, & a wonderful way to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Fraggles.  Enjoy everything, but especially Anna Kendrick's shirt.  WANT.


Also enjoy the making of, which is far more entertaining than a making of should be.









STRAWZ
Look, it's not like I have a problem getting bourbon into my mouth, but these straws would make it more fun* than my usual dramatic sobbing as my Han-Solo-Frozen-in-Carbonite ice cube melts away into it: "You KNOW? What kind of response is that, you nerf-herder! Get back here!"  Construct your own silly straw from this set of 44 dishwasher-safe pieces.  Imagine the drinking game possibilities!



Buy it at thinkgeek.com.
*More fun for my husband, who has to listen to that weekly.






ED O'NEILL MEME

This has been going around quite a bit & at first I thought Modern Family must have been giving a nod to Married With Children.  Then I realized that a newspaper was a pretty subtle way to do that, so I did what every curiosity leads me to do: shots of whiskey.  After that, I googled it.  Turns out it's a prop newspaper that has been used in many TV shows & movies throughout the years, with common headlines like "Cat Burgler Strikes Again" to avoid legal/continuity issues.  Check out this compilation by a Reddit user:


 Now for your mind to be blown:

Ed O'Neill reading about himself reading the same newspaper for 20 years.






LEGO LORD OF THE RINGS: THE VILLAINS
The video game won't be in my PS3 until October 30, but the villain artwork has been released today.  Saruman!  Uruk-Hai!  Orcs!  Cave Troll!  Ringwraiths!  Shelob!  Nazgul!  Balrog!  So excited!


Also confirmed is that ALL of Middle Earth will be recreated in this game (not just the parts seen in the movies) for exploring, & extra hidden tasks.  So it's been nice, but I'm going off the grid in November.







AARON PAUL ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Last night, Aaron Paul won his second Emmy for his masterclass performance as Jesse Pinkman on Breaking Bad.  I love seeing how moved he gets when he wins these things, like he really doesn't know he's brilliant.  Check out his win:


But it's not just award shows that bring out emotions in Aaron Paul...being told to "Come on down!" also works.  Check out this amazing footage of his Red Bull-fueled appearance on The Price is Right before he was famous.  It's The Showcase Showdown, bitch!







Those were my favourite sweets of the past week.  Come back next week for more goodies!


2 comments:

Martin Kelly said...

Always the best! Thanks Lisa! x

Lisa Ferreira said...

Thank YOU, Martin!